ABOUT OUR LICORICE
We are proud to present to you the ONLY Organic, Gluten Free, non GMO and completely Sugar Free Licorice extract treat you can find!
It is the only one made with fresh juice of the Organic Licorice roots, to obtain a prestigious and unique hard licorice extract, in small, hard pellets size.
Nothing is added or removed during the completely natural extraction process.
We continue to work with the Licorice root the same way it has been done for centuries. In a global market where everything is standardized and where almost everything is being altered by human beings, we are now the only company on this planet that is using the fresh Organic Licorice juice from the root.
It is presented in tic-tac size box that contains about 45 little hard pellets of Licorice, that melt in your mouth, as a treat, or can be melted down in hot water to make a soothing tea, or used to make the Licorice ice cream or in many kitchen recipes, or can be used for its health benefits.
Our Licorice is NOT to be confused with licorice found in typical candy store. It is NOT a candy. It is a treat for REAL licorice lovers. The taste is very strong and intense, like it should be for a Licorice extract that is 100% pure. Not for the faint of heart, a little bit goes a long way with this licorice. This is what REAL licorice is all about.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
1) It is the only Licorice extract made with fresh juice, which comes from the roots of organically grown licorice plants, to obtain a prestigious quality licorice.
2) It is not necessary to go through the chemical process to remove the high Glycyrrhizin content (DGL process), which is usually found in 99% of commercial licorice roots.
NOTE: Glycyrrhizin is subsequently added to DGL-processed licorice extracts in a small percentage, usually between 2% and 4%, as it is the main active ingredient of the licorice root.
3) Our licorice extracts naturally contain an average of 4% of Glycyrrhizin and do not need to go through the DGL chemical process.
4) It does not contain fertilizers used to cultivate and grow standard licorice roots, so the licorice extraction process does not concentrate the fertilizers in the resulting extract.
5) Nothing is added or taken away during the completely natural extraction process to evaporate the water content of the juice at low temperatures, which lasts a few days. Where specified, only one organic flavoring is added, for the pleasure of customers.
HOW IS IT EXTRACTED?
The fresh juice of the Licorice roots is extracted by slow grinding/pressure. cooked at low temperature until it reaches a “molasses like” consistency, that solidify at room temperature. The little bits shape is then obtained, re-heating the solidified licorice extract.
This is is the pure licorice that nature intended. Where expressly mentioned, Organic flavor is added for your enjoyment.